Last updated: Dec 25, 2010
Please read this policy and if you have any questions contact us. Remember, you always have the choice. By using the site you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this policy.
This site is operated by ElenaPhoto.com and may be accessed in Canada and abroad. For personal information protection purposes, ElenaPhoto.com is the controller and, unless otherwise noted, is also the processor of the personal information. Information collected may be retained as long as it is reasonably required for the purposes it was collected.
Consent to Collection of Your Personal Information
When you visit this site, certain kinds of non-personal information, such as the website that referred you to us, your IP address, browser type and language, and access times, may be collected automatically as part of the site's operation. We also may collect navigational information, including information about the pages you view, the links you click, and other actions taken in connection with the site.
Personal information includes:
- information collected when you register including your member name and password, your name, your mailing address, email address, and phone number.
You may always choose not to provide personal information, but if you so choose, certain products and services may not be available to you.
Use of Your Personal Information
ElenaPhoto.com collects and uses your personal information to:
- create and manage your membership account;
- process your transactions;
- provide customer service;
- perform research and analysis aimed at improving our products, services and technologies;
- to display content that is customized to your interests and preferences;
- to communicate with you about your transactions, new products and services. We may send transaction-related communications such as welcome letters, billing reminders, and purchase confirmations. We may also send you surveys or marketing communications to inform you of new products or services or other information or offers that may be of interest.
Personal information collected by ElenaPhoto.com may be stored and processed in Canada or any other country in which ElenaPhoto.com or agents maintain facilities, and by providing us with your personal information and using our sites or services, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country. If you would like to exercise any of your personal information protection rights (including the right to have your personal information deleted), please contact us using the "Contact Us" link above.
Disclosing Your Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to third-party service providers who perform services on our behalf. For example, we may hire other companies to handle the processing of payments, to provide data storage, to host websites, to fulfill orders and shipments, to assist in marketing, to conduct audits, etc. Those third-party service providers (i) shall be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to provide the service, (ii) must protect personal information to the same extent as ElenaPhoto.com, and (iii) shall be prohibited from using it for any other purpose.
Accessing Your Personal Information
If you would like to review or revise information that you previously provided to us, you may access and change your personal information in the "My Profile" section of the site. You may also contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
ElenaPhoto.com uses "cookies" to enable you to sign in to our services and to help personalize your online experience. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your hard drive. Cookies contain information, including personal information, that can later be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. The information that cookies collect includes the date and time of your visit, your registration information, session identification number and your navigational history and preferences.
Cookies offer you many conveniences. They allow us to identify registered users when they return to the site so that they can retrieve previous image search results, access lightboxes and view their previous invoices. Cookies also save you time by eliminating the need to repeatedly enter the same information.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use other interactive features of our sites and services that depend on cookies but you will be able to perform basic navigation through the site.
Security of Your Personal Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to help protect your personal information including without limitation:
- limiting access to your personal information to those of our employees who require it to provide services to you;
- requiring employees to sign confidentiality agreements to protect customer and other confidential information;
- ensuring that third-party service providers sign confidentiality agreements to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information and not to use it for any unauthorized purposes; and
- storing your personal information in secure computer systems which protect it from unauthorized access or use.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If a password is used to protect your account and personal information, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential.
We do not intend to solicit or collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18 without parental consent. If you are under 18, you shall not use or enter information on this site without parental consent. Please contact us by email at email@example.com, to obtain the necessary parental consent forms.
We may link to websites and third-party content providers, that have different privacy policies and practices from those disclosed here. We assume no responsibility for the policies or practices of such linked sites, and encourage you to become acquainted with them prior to use.